Monday, March 30, 2009

For Clarities Sake

It has come to my attention, as of late, and from a variety of sources, that this blog is my attempt to bash Obama. I want to make clear that this is not my intention; rather, I am looking only to report what I have seen to be abuses of power by this administration, and to illustrate the move this nation is taking towards Fascism. I understand, however, that up to this point every post I have made has been about Obama. Thus, I will broaden my posts and start evaluating other news.

That stated, I must stand firm in my execution of news that clearly illustrates abuse of power; my conscious and dedication to liberty and the Constitution dictate me to do so. In fact, I do so out of a desire to adhere to Romans 13's requirement that Christians submit to the government. And because, in America, the Constitution is the government. We have a system of government, where the law IS the government. So, to the extent that Obama obeys the Constitution, we need not criticize him, but to the extent that he violates the Constitution, we are required by Romans 13 to keep our public servants in submission to the Constitution, which is the government.

Romans: 13 1Every person is to be in subjection to the governing authorities For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are established by God. 2Therefore whoever resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves. 3For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good and you will have praise from the same; 4for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an avenger who brings wrath on the one who practices evil. 5Therefore it is necessary to be in subjection, not only because of wrath, but also for conscience' sake.

No comments: